Friday, August 7, 2009

Cabin long weekend

On the morning of August 1st I woke up to the sound of my radio blasting. The clock read, 6:10, it was time to get up. Today I was planning on catching the 8 o'clock ferry to Swartz bay where I would meet a family member who would motor me over to the cabin. It was the annual "walk about" on Saturday where everyone walks around the island buying food, candy, paintings, crafts, from other islanders. On Sunday the annual piers Island picnic. Lost of activities go on including races, crafts, candy tosses, and a burger, hot dog, and chicken burger feast to wrap up the picnic. I was there with a bunch of family members enjoying the sun and activities. Great weekend and hopefully many more of the same.












































































No comments: